Monday, February 24, 2014

Crack Cookies

Ok So these aren't really "crack cookies" OBVIOUSLY. However this is what they have been called by many friends and family members.

Why you ask? Well because just like crack (not that I know) you just cant stop once you have started.

In reality they are just super simple chocolate chip cookies...But REALLY good ones!

I cant really remember where I got this recipe but it has been my tried and true for quite a few years now.

I use to make this vegan, but lately we have been using real butter and eggs. Both ways come out just as good and pretty much the same so it is all personal preference.


Ingredients:
2 1/4 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
3/4 stick of room temperature butter (1 C "Earth Balance" for vegan)
3/4 C Sugar
3/4 C Brown Sugar (packed)
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs (or egg replacer for 2 "eggs" for vegan)
1 bag Dark Chocolate Chips 

* Preheat oven to 375

*In a bowl add Flour, Baking Soda, and salt. Mix with a whisk to make sure everything is distributed evenly.

*In a bowl (or I use the KitchenAid mixer) add your Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, and Vanilla. Beat until nicely creamed.

*Add in eggs and mix into the creamed mixture (just incorporate them, don't over mix)

*Add dry mix to the wet ingredients slowly 

*Add in Chocolate Chips

*Scoop out into loose balls (I don't like to pack them too much) about 1.5 TBSP (or one heaping TBSP) in size and place on a cookie sheet (I use a mini ice cream scoop tool I got years ago...but I like all my cookies uniform in size)  

*Bake for 8-10 min depending on your oven. I cook mine for 13 min with my current oven, but it all depends. What you are looking for is a slight golden brown.

A variation that I do is use 1/2 Chocolate Chips and 1/2 Butterscotch Chips. That turns out pretty tasty as well (richer then the regular all chocolate though)








No comments:

Post a Comment