Monday, June 9, 2014

That Little Thing Called Life

So I have to admit I have been MIA for quite a while.

I wasn't really sure of how long it had been till I logged on and noticed it was back in the beginning of April.

Wow has it really been that long? And this is the reason why I cant blog for a living (amongst other reasons) and why I could never make money from my blog. But oh well, such is life.

So what have I been up to?

I wish I could report back that I have been busy galavanting around the world, or doing amazing activities. But the reality of it is just "life".

April was pretty much a blur.

Mostly coming down from a great long visit with friends and a month of birthdays. We were finishing up the last of our lessons for the school year and really just working on making our plans to move out of California a reality.

May zipped by as well.

V turned 12 in May, where the heck has the time gone? So we had lots of fun celebrating that. Only one more year till he is an "official" teen.

Also pretty much every bit of extra time was spent working on a web site and resume for D. When you have been at the same place for over 16 years it is pretty much like starting from scratch. Oh and did I mention 16+ years of artwork to sift through to get a portfolio ready? Taxes were easier then this.
But everything is done so that is nice.

Now onto June.

Seriously where has this year gone? I feel like we have just let time slip right past us and we are not on the schedule we planned last year. We were to be moved by March or so we thought.....then we figured we would be gone to celebrate 4th of July in a new state (one with real legal fireworks) but it looks like that is now bypassed as well. No later then Nov is our next plan. HOPEFULLY!

Until then we have been working on stuff around the house. Big cleaning that doesn't get done too often and clearing out stuff etc. So when it is time to move we are good to go. No repairs etc. Just pack and go.

But aside from job and moving worries we have had some fun as well.

We went to see some Mark Ryden art in LA, attended Harry Potter roller skating, and had a wonderful trip to Sea World (post to come).

Until next time...hopefully it wont be 3 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment