Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fish Tacos & Feta

For the most part this week has been MUCH cooler then last, by a long shot. Going from 102 to 84 has been quite a welcome break.

I am sure in the next day or so it will be warming up yet again so we are enjoying the 80's as much as we can while it lasts.

One of the small pleasures we have had is being able to eat at the kitchen table.

I know that sounds crazy but seriously our kitchen is the worse layout ever.

We have a tiny tiny "nook" for our table (it is a small bistro table, not the best for a hubby over 6 ft tall and a 12 yr old who is getting bigger by the day)

In addition the airflow issues is pretty bad in there.

It was built in a different time, no XL appliances for sure. That I believe will be one of the things we are most looking forward to when we make our move.....a "real" kitchen table. Hopefully a bathtub too.

But speaking of kitchen things we have been eating "smarter".

We usually do really well with no packaged or processed stuff but this last market trip the only thing we bought that wasn't from the deli or fresh were some packs of paratha (I still haven't figured out how to make that)

Lunches have been veggies and hummus, or fruits, cheese and nuts. D had taken to hard boiled eggs as a snack and I have been in love with the Bulgarian feta that I had bought.


This is my new favorite lunch...baby spinach, feta, roasted beets, walnuts & some home made dressing. It is sooo good!

My dressing was a bit of an experiment but it worked out. I just got a spoonful of my raspberry jam and mixed it with some balsamic vinegar.

I have also been mixing the feta with tabbouleh for a nice little treat.


This has also been a nice dinner for the warm weather.

You can really see the fish under there but I just grill it with some olive oil and seasoning in the cast iron. 

Adding some fresh pico de gallo, cabbage, avocado and cheese on some homemade tortillas,  makes them SUPER yummy!

With a side of brown rice and beans you cant go wrong....its fast and easy...filling too.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment