Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Old World Village

This weekend we decided to head on over to Old World Village since we were going to be in the area for fabric anyhow.

We decided to try the new burger place that opened up since D had heard good things about it from fellow skaters.

Well Grinderz didn't disappoint!


The veggie burger had whole beans and veggies so that is always a bonus. The staff was really nice as well.

And seriously look at this basket of bliss!


Beer battered rings and chips....We had no idea that it would be beer batter. Needless to say we were more then pleased...and ALMOST got another basket. But we wanted to leave room for a treat from the bakery.

It was quite odd at how quiet the village was. I am not complaining, however I am sure that they make most of their money and see the most action during Octoberfest.


I was a bit sad that allot of shops were empty or were not open. And most of them are just random shops that have nothing to do with the fact that it is at Old World Village. I did however see some clocks I wanted....sadly the cookoos I want are upwards of $600 ekkkkk. 

I just believe I will find one one day in my price at an estate sale or something....All good things come to those who wait.


The bakery and market were buzzing however. V got a slice of black forest cake (he has been on that kick since he started playing Portal 2) Sadly there aren't  many places that sell black forest cake around.

I had a piece of moca apricot cake and let me tell you, it was bliss. Two of my fave flavors....and working so well together.

D just got an apple turnover but he loved it all the same.

A few rolls, sauerkraut, and beers to bring home and we were good to go.

I am quite happy that I found a kraut that has the taste I have been wanting till I can figure out making my own. So far I have had no luck.

Overall it was a nice little get away for a few hours to keep the sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment