Thursday, September 11, 2014

Suddenly September

Seriously where does the time go?

It just seems like we had got back from out UT visit and now it is September.

Did it really take that long to decompress and get back to our regularly scheduled program?

Time right now is bittersweet for us.

Part of me wants it to zip by at the speed of light....be February/March already and let us find a home in UT. Start living the new chapters in our life.

At the same time I want a bit more time between now and November. In the back of my mind I just think that something MIGHT pop up for D and we could move before the winter starts.

This all puts us in a state of limbo really.

Part of me wants to start going though and packing stuff that we wont be using...to be productive. And the other part of me just wants to have a Netflix marathon.

With the start of September we have started schooling so that does give us something to look forward to and do everyday.

We homeschool, a bit unschool,  allot hands on, a bit of workbooks, I guess you would say we are eclectic learners.

Here are a few of our focuses this year...

*Real world math
 You know like budgets, money, measurements, conversions. The stuff they don't teach you in school.

*Swedish
Both V and myself are learning...this has proven fun.

*Botany
We are doing this together since I have always had an interest myself.

*Westward expansion
This is proving to be a great interest for V, seeing that allot of trails, etc are ones we see during our road trips. It makes it so much more "real" when you can stand in a spot and imagine.

*Geography/Cartography
This is just really important to know where countries are located and how to use a map. It is lots of fun too.

*Creative writing
This one has always been a hard one, but I have started giving "Minecraft prompts" and that has made all the difference.







No comments:

Post a Comment