Friday, July 22, 2016

Nothing like the smell of Montana in the Morning.....

Montana paint that is....

For as long as I can remember I have loved graffiti, maybe being a kid of the 70's & 80's and all the lettering?

Whatever the case I have always loved it.

In todays day and age it is now called "Street Art" and is widely accepted as an art form, however that wasn't always the case.

I distinctly remember in school (ugh school) We were to write a paper on how we would beautiful the city and help the commute (something along those lines)

My idea was to let people paint on the freeway walls.

It would give people an artistic outlet, beautify the city, and give you something to look at during your commute.

Needless to say I was told that I didn't understand the assignment and failed.

I understood just fine, and at that moment I understood that they wanted you to think along the same lines as everyone else....if not you were wrong.

But back to the street art.....LOVE it!

That was one of the things I had loved about living in Downtown Pomona.

Since then we have moved around here and there but I always would hunt out little pieces around town.

I remember our first time to Park City and I spotted the Banksy (it was fresh, no frame and protective glass) I knew that this could be a cool area.

Since moving to SLC I have found tons of art here and there.

A favorite is on an old industrial building along the Sugarhouse Trax.

It always makes me happy on our walks.









Another new mural is on State St and 900 S

We frequent the taco cart there and I was tickled that the "Californian" club had been painted up.










There is so many more spots that I need to take photos of around town...More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment