Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Urban Arts Festival

This past weekend was the Urban Arts Festival put on by the Urban Arts Alliance downtown at Gallivan Center.

Both me and D headed on up Saturday but only to watch GMF but then we headed up as a family after lunch on Sunday to check out all that was there was too see.

You don't see old jalopies much out here compared to So. Ca so it was cool to see a few.





I still love old cars.....I just don't want to have one to maintain anymore.



We tried out a little coffee shop that was right there in the center.

Super yummy!



And they had the pretties espresso machine I have ever seen in my life. I really would LOVE that at home.


The artists were finishing up their projects that they had started the day before...

I really liked this piece from Eduardo Bastida Guzman.



This paint is one of my favorite smells in the world...besides fresh rain on asphalt.



A piece by Just242



Not sure who these guys were, but nice work.



I just love this from Justified Ink.

D found me online their shop. I need a shirt!



More work getting started.


And the supplies that make it all happen...


The vendors were OK but I was really wanting more "street" arts represented.

A lot of the stuff was stuff you see at every farmers market and festival around the SLC area.

I did however LOVE this glass piece. I don't know where I would hang it, but it was amazing.


It was a great Sunday afternoon and we are already looking forward to next years event.




No comments:

Post a Comment