Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekend Happenings

Actually there wasn't a whole lot going on, but it was a nice change of pace.

It was the first weekend in a while and the last for a while that we have nothing in particular going on.

Saturday D and V headed out to a vintage toy swap down the street (and found a new store)

They both were happy for some "daddy" time and came back with stuff.

V scored some Lego mini figs, while D scored a vintage Jabba and quite a few Gi Joes he "needed".

The rest of the day was pretty much just lounging about for me and D, while V gamed.

Sunday D got to get some much needed skating in then we attempted to head on over to Liberty Park for the drum circle.

I say attempted because it was sunny at home and had a sprinkle or two but by the time we got to the park it was a downpour and windy as all hell.

Everyone was packing up and leaving so we just drove on though.

We ended up going to the Greenhouse Effect for some coffee, where it was sunny and beautiful on the patio.

Crazy Utah weather...but I love it!

The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging in bed till dinner time.

Later me and D (V stayed home Skyping with friends) headed out to Pokehunt downtown.

Free parking on a Sunday!

Since we were earlier then our normal hunting time we were able to get inside the Brigham Young Park.

We had never been inside so it was neat to see...more bronze sculptures (what is with the bronze sculptures?)

But I liked the waterwheel and catching a Lickatounge


The sun was just setting and there was thunder off by the mountains...it was great.

After we made our rounds we headed on over to the Depot to watch the global premiere of Fourth Phase.

Let me start off by saying the sound system at the Depot is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for a band to play there that I want to see.

It is pretty much set up like HOB in Anaheim but OMFG the sound system!

PreShow, everyone hanging out, having a beer and popcorn.


Interview time with Pat Moore.


Movie time.


So the movie was amazing.....these guys are truly thrill seekers and it is NOTHING I would ever be doing.

However I love watching it, and all the landscapes were truly amazing as well.

It sure got us hyped for the upcoming winter and SNOW!!!!!!!! But then I think I am always hyped for snow.

Though out the movie there were different tidbits of info regarding weather and the water cycle and how they figure out runs etc.

I found it interesting.

However it did bum me out that at the beginning he was saying how we have wonder then we go to school and that is killed.

I know it is the unschooler in me that causes this stuff always ruffles my feathers, but why is everyone so compliant with thinking that is ok and normal?

Overall another great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment