Sunday, June 25, 2017

17 Years and Counting

This weekend we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.

I seriously cant believe that it has been so long, count in the years that we had been together prior and I have been with him for more then 1/2 of my life...scary.

Anyhow not being ones for fancy dinners and romantical type stuff we decided to have lunch at the taco cart then took a nap out in the backyard.

After we headed on over to Wheeler Farm.

Even though it was later in the day it was really hot, but we still got to have fun with the animals.


They have really fixed up the farm since the last time we had been there.

They have a vintage tractor museum now too.





It was really warm so the animals were not being as sociable as usual.






These geese were cracking us up.


After the farm we got a banh mi for dinner then headed on up Big Cottonwood.

Our plan was to hike (or try) to Mary's Lake up above Brighton.

Last time we tried that one we were with a large group in the heat of the day and really I just got 1/3 of the way and couldn't be bothered anymore.

This time the trail wasn't busy at all, the weather was nice, and I made it!

I was proud of myself for getting to the top, even if that meant many breaks for photos and watching animals play.

There were tons of wild flowers.






I love when they grow in crevasses.






Finally got to the lake.




I was shocked at how much snow was still in the area, even with all the heat we have been having.

I am sure it will all be gone soon though.




On the way up we spotted a moose having dinner, then during the hike we saw tons of little critters, but I couldn't get the camera out in time to capture them.

We saw prairie dogs chasing each other and playing on the rocks as we hiked. As well as lots of chipmunks.

The cutest was a pika that had a mouthful of grass who just stopped in the middle of the trail and stared at me.

This little guy was on the way down.



At the same time a deer was right beside us as well.

She walked down and crossed in front of us.


Thats why I enjoy quiet and non busy trails, I can hear nature and spot animals...instead of the constant babble of a busy trail.


By the time we got back to the car it was past 9:30....and still a bit light out.

Overall it was a great day and a great way to celebrate 17 years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment